Thursday, December 15, 2011

Another Visit

Another week another Dr. visit. The visits are getting shorter now since we both are doing so good. He hasn't added anything and probably won't for a while since we are going to do another blood test again in a few weeks. This past week when he added cheese I figured out that tomatoes was making my hands hurt. Kind of like arthritis. I was eating nachos w/salsa and it started hurting that day. I then cut out the tomatoes and I started to feel better. So no tomatoes for me :(. So, so far I have to be careful with what meats I eat. So all natural meat. Also, I have to make sure my veggies are washed really well to make sure the pesticides are off or buy organic and then no tomatoes. Both Nakoa and I are still having some problems with our memory(foggy brain), but that will come eventually where we will work on that part of our body. I know body won't be the same as it was before, but I still feel really good. I am sad about the foods I can't eat, but it is worth feeling better. I know how badly my dad felt and how others with diabetes suffer. I am so greatful that I have found something that is helping. These coming weeks we are kind of reverting back to the original diet so that our test come back good. The carbs is what is probably making my blood sugar go up so, Dr. Redd is wanting me to eat that sparingly. I said to myself that I was going to have some chocolate no matter what for Christmas, but that isn't happening. It is going to be sooo hard. I know that my weight is probably contributing to a high blood sugar level so I am starting to work out more so that I can drop it finally. He said that once the Hashimoto gets better that it will lower as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment