Sunday, October 16, 2011

Day 14

One more week! I sooo want a Reese's peanut butter cup! This past week has definitely been harder to stay with the diet. Although I have not cheated. This week food wise has been easier. I am not as hungry as I was the first week. It is getting kind of boring eating the same things over and over. I weighed in this past week and I have lost 1 pound! yay! I know that is not much, but it takes a lot to lose just that. The doctor said once we get working with the hormones I will start to lose a lot more.
I have felt a lot better this past week. I think I felt sick only once or twice this past week. Which is amazing! I have felt extremely tired this second week than the first. It made me realize that the first week I was feeling better than I realized... being sleepy. The doc said that this is normal because of the supplements I am taking. The supplements are just helping detox. This next week I will be slowly getting off of them. I have been really burpy. Burping almost constantly. I always refer them to like a hiccup burp. I think there is just a lot indigestion going on as well. They talk about this in the book they doctor gave me as well.
Two weeks ago I saw my other endocrinologist doctor. I was feeling really anxious again and thought it would be best if I lowered my meds. I am really sensitive to changes in the medication. I have been having headaches which is normal for me. I think I'll just have to deal with that until I find the right dosage for me.
I have been reading more of the book the doctor gave me. This disease involves a lot more than just my thyroid. It really effects everything! And I feel like my insides are 10x more messed up than I thought. If any of you know someone that has Hypothyroidism or Hashimotto they definitely need to read the book highlighted in my last post. In the book it sounds like I most likely will need to be on a gluten free diet. I seems that most people that go on this kind of a diet feels better and have less side effects. The book goes into more detail of why. But there are other things that I might have to take out instead like dairy. It all just depends on the person and how the tests that they do come out. I think the test that we are waiting for during this period should come back this week. I guess we will see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment